Another project that has consumed me recently has been setting in motion WiAOC 2007, or Webheads in Action Online Convergence. The dates of this conference, which we also call a 'convergence', have been set for May 18-20, 2007 and the conference theme was decided on in a synchronous text chat at Tapped In as CONNECT: Conversations on Networking, Education, Communities, and Technology.
The domain names below and the mirrors work in most places in the world, but because I have been using Geocities since last century as my web host (from a time that other hosts were not so readily available) and because Geocities is blocked in some parts of the world where information available to citizens over the Internet is restricted, I have had to set up mirror locations.
At least one of these links should work for almost everyone:
* http://wiaoc.org or ...
* http://www.wiaoc.org or ...
Planning for the convergence is well under way. At one of these links, you should be able to follow progress made and what there is still to do:
This follows on the very successful first run of this completely free online conference last November 2005. The neat thing about this conference is that it was mostly recorded and can therefore be (mostly) replayed. You can reach the 'replay' from the links above or http://www.wiaoc.org, or use one of these mirrors below:
* Portugal: http://www.prof2000.pt/users/vstevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005.htm or http://tinyurl.com/88688
* Geocities: http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005.htm or http://tinyurl.com/d9ksx
The 2005 conference produced a significant publication record. We are particularly proud of the following publications and proceedings deriving from the conference:
* Write-up in APACALL Newsletter Innovative Language Learning #8
o pdf version - http://www.apacall.org/news/Newsletter8.pdf
o HTML version - http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/apacall_news.htm
* Article: Stevens, Vance. (2005). Behind the scenes at the Webheads in Action Online Convergence, November 18-20, 2005: TESL-EJ, Volume 9, Number 3: http://tesl-ej.org/ej35/int.html
* Proceedings in Teaching English with Technology
o Vol. 1, May Issue http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/j_edit24.htm
o Vol 2 July Special Issue http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/j_edit25.htm
We are in process of deciding whom to invite as keynote speakers, and we'll be announcing our conference to the world via a Call for Papers soon. We are accepting volunteers for all the work still to be done, so if you're reading this and want to be involved, just contact Vance.